Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Elenore

"Constant effort is necessary if I am to grow spiritually and develop my spiritual life."

How appropriate to have read this today...
Relying on others to pull you out, raise you up, and move you on will never do without the willingness on your part. Have had a bit of a sour taste in my mouth lately wishing I could stay home and watch the rain from a window. This week’s weather is – oh what’s the phrase? “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” . Right. What is so easy is to let the negative wash your hopes away down the drain, tears pouring out in anguish and despair. Could it really be this bad? Absolutely not. A constant effort is needed when one is on the breaking point. Yesterday I was searching for the exertion needed for me to function the days to come. Looking for what it could be that brightens my day, lifts my heart, sparks that smile. I have decided to take from a certain little book a daily meditation (or thought, words, subject – there are no rules as this is my own), and link it with my view and the theme song for the day (chosen at random by shuffle method).
Why? You know that inner monologue? Argument? The judgment of oneself that can break ones spirit? The voice that can be so cruel and unrecognizable to the outside world, for these words would rarely be dished out to them. Creates a conundrum making it difficult to go to work, make a phone call, sleep doesn’t it. It takes ‘constant effort’ to do something to change such frame of mind. A creative outlet? Why not.
One could incorporate self satisfaction, self matter, and perhaps self confidence on a daily basis. I think this has helped me. Still sporting red whenever possible, I can spread the message as to why with a simple link IN the word.
Connecting positive inner and outer, let us dance. Go and Ask Jeeves the lyrics, and sing to yourself that you are your own pride and joy, etc. If you can’t respect yourself, if you don’t love yourself, what good are you to others?

No comments: