Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Music Tuesday December 18th!

This week is small but noteworthy. ENJOY.

Guns and Roses (feat. P!nk) TI's album Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head
"This is what everyone fails to realize. I want out. I want out, man. What the game is going to and what has evolved into from a personality standpoint, it goes against what I represent. What I embody, this game contradicts that. I want out. I'm in it because I love music and I have obligations, contractually.
It was at one time, this music was about speaking to the people who felt like you feel. Now, the people I'm speaking to, they don't necessarily feel like how I feel. In my day, if you were rapping about something you weren't really living, that was a strike against you. You were held accountable. Nowadays, nobody even expects you to live up to the things you rap about. That goes against what I represent, what I stand for. So if they outsell me, then that's just all the more better for me to fade to the back and cross my legs on my desk".
Thank you Wikipedia. That's all I got for you, TI.  As for Pink!, your voice is incredible.

Django sang by Luis Bacalov from Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Soundtrack
A Western film about slavery and bounty hunting, starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington and Samuel L. Jackson.  And for you who don't recognize Mr Waltz, watch Inglorious Bastards. The man won every award possible for his role he portrayed.  I wasn't going to watch this film til I heard the soundtrack and found out Christoph is in it. Yes! This soundtrack is incredible and truly can't wait to go see the film. 

Master of the house feat Sasha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter from the Les Miserables Soundtrack
My favorite musical in the entire world, I was skeptically thrilled to read they were making the FILM - MUSICAL Les Mis.  My sensational mother bought me tickets to see it on Broadway in '11.  I've acting in the non-musical production, as well as just sang the songbook on stage.  I'm just thrilled in anticipation. Shoulda ditched the Fam on Xmas to watch but will wait patiently til I can see my dream role of Madame Thenardier played by the incomparable Helena Bonham Carter.      
Ever since I was eleven I have dreamed a dream that I could play that role on stage. Some day...

Hallelujah with Adam Sandler and Paul Shaffer from the 12.12.12 The Concert for Sandy Relief
Great concert. Nostalgic artists. I'm one for humor in the dark cloud and Adam/Paul delivered not only my wish, but parodied one of my favorite Cohen masterpieces.

No comments: