Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Music Tuesday June 12th

such a great week! ENJOY

Reading rainbow (by The Doors) by Jimmy Fallon from his album Blow your pants off
Well blow my pants off, Jimmy does a spittin image of Jim Morrison singing the oh so classic Reading Rainbow.  He's your boyfriend, and he's an idiot. Just letting you all know.  A brilliant idiot.


Lemme see from Ushers 7th album Looking 4 myself
This RandB hip hopster started wooing is in 92. In Tennessee he started working at the age of 15 and hasn't stopped. Perhaps its the Southern work ethic, perhaps he's just amazingly talented and we keep begging for more.  I'm guessing its a combo.  He's ushered the little and big artists to stardom, utilizing his connections to others benefits.  I know Bieber owes a huge thank you to Mr Usher. Anyone else? 

Living on a fine line from Cookie Dusters debut When Flying was easy
Brendan Canning from Broken Social Scene 
Cookie Duster is a band led by Broken Social /Scene's Brendan Canning.  Spin Magazine has a fantastic interview with Cookie  This band rotates lead singers, which I haven't seen since the band Jet.  They experiement with their instruments and sounds and really take off from the normal 'alternative indie hit'.   I hope to hear more from these newbies soon.
Dayglo Reflection (feat. Lana Del Ray) from Bobby Womacks album Bravest man in the universe


Motion Sickness from Hot Chips 5th album In Our Heads
Thses Brits been rocking the worlds boat since 2000.  I have an indescribable fascination with this band. Why why why I have no idea.  They released their first single to be available on April 21st Record Store Day (which I attended Music Millenniums party at 7am). I would do this type of thing if I were a musical artist too.  I believe these are true musicians.  

Youth without Youth from Metrics 5th album Synthetica 
This Canadian band has two members who perform with Broek Social Scene. Who knew that band would be so significant this week? 
Miss Emily Haines heads this band http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Haines
and have been successful enough to have caught my eye. Well done Metric.  I'll convert. 

Timelines from Motion City Soundtracks 5th album Go
They started on '97 in Minnesota.  They've evolved into a different band today then they were at the start, members evolving and emerging from other bands...  
The band has been described as being "too diverse to fit into just one particular genre," with Pierre replying by suggesting the band could fit into "Scrabble rock. Not Fraggle rock. You know the game Scrabble, where you’ve got to come up with the big words and you get the most points," he was referring to the lyrical content of the songs, where he admits he must sometimes use a dictionary to "fact-check

Headlong flight from Rushs 19th album Clockwork Angels
This Canadian band got their start in '68, 
It was a wee bit later that I saw them at the Clark County Amphitheater... And loved every moment.   Crazy they are still writing, recording, and performing to this day. What a rush... 

Lemme see from Ushers 7th album Looking 4 myself
This RandB hip hopster started wooing is in 92. In Tennessee he started working at the age of 15 and hasn't stopped. Perhaps its the Southern work ethic, perhaps he's just amazingly talented and we keep begging for more.  I'm guessing its a combo.  He's ushered the little and big artists to stardom, utilizing his connections to others benefits.  I know Bieber owes a huge thank you to Mr Usher. Anyone else?

Requiem Watlz from Emily Jane Whites 3rd album Ode to sentence
From California, she is a serious folkster. Hey don't take my word for it: 
“I don't write happy music. I'm drawn to writing sad songs. Reflective, contemplative songs. I truly believe that that's my job. It's not my job to create happy music. I'm okay with that.”

To just grow away from The Tallest man on earths 3rd album There's no leaving now
These Sweeds began on 2006 under the leader Kristian Matsson (and wife  performs under the moniker 'Idiot  Wind'... These tallest men have been compared to Bob Dylan but only the delivery is similar.  I need more, kids. MORE.  

Real love from Eric Benets 6th album One
Forgot about Eric, kinda thought he was just Halle Berrys ex husband.  Guess he's now a Grammy nominated (this year) husband of Prince's ex. Ha.  Any-who, he's a lovely singer of the RandB genre.
But if I were him, I'd modify my Wikipedia history and delete the info about his film debut being in Mariah Careys 'Glitter'

Dayglo Reflection (feat. Lana Del Ray) from Bobby Womacks 27th album Bravest man in the universe
Ok lemme see if I got this straight: Bobby was Sam Cookes back up guitarist and married his wife after Cooke died. After they divorced Womacks bro married Cookes daughter (who's mom is Womacks ex).  Got it? Great. Bobby has an extensive history which includes but isn't limited to collaborating with Joplin, Sly Stone (and his fam dam), Patti LaBelle, Aretha, and Ronnie Wood (whom I've met).  Let's just say he's been around. 
Love that he gets with new artists and keeps on recording. Yes, Bobby, we still love your talented ass.

Jericho from Mary Chapin Carpenter's 5th album Ashes and Roses
"Is the only artist to have won four consecutive Grammy Award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance, which she received from 1992 to 1995."

No comments: