Saturday, October 20, 2012

New Music Tuesday October 9th



Didn't we from Barbara Streisands album Release Me
The ultimate Star Ms Streisand is releasing previously unreleased songs in her album Release Me.  Her release is a relief to an otherwise risible and ridiculous week of music.

  

All for the love of rock and roll from Kiss's album Monster
Started in 1973, Kiss is a NYC born 4some that rocked the movie Role Models.  They, however, are NOT role models.  Award winning, film producing, make up donning men that are some how still alive. 











La Bonita from MellowHypes 3rd album Numbers
They kind of sound like Ewoks. Ok, so this LA band started in 2008. MellowHype is made up of two men who met at a party and decided to collaborate their alternative hip hop talents.  I'm not really a fan but its just not my style.  But I love Ewoks.

On my way from MGK's debut album Lace up
This Machine Gun Kelly's debut solo album.  He's a MC who made it as the first white rapper at the Apollo Theater in Harlem in 2009.  Hey if you are white and can make it in Harlem you done good.  Even if you are stupid enough to not create an original nickname.  I can dig this track, but I'm so freckly white it still accentuates my glaring porcelain skin.

Ghost from Ty Segals 6th album Twins
From San Francisco, Ty started his solo career in 2008.  Besides the 7 previous albums, he's created many EP, compilations, and has collaborated a many time.  I'm not thrilled, but Ghost is perfect for October. 




Elephant from Tame Impala's 2nd album Lonerism
Tame Impala has swept up the awards in home country Australia, but I've never heard of them.  I must say thus rock band is impressive and should make an Impala Impression with the US audience at this point.  And I just get the biggest kkick out of their album title. 



Tank from Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs
This Brit babe started her solo career in 1995. Yes her name is really Holly Golightly.  She loves to cover rare old songs, which just means I adore her.  If you have caught the attention of Jack White and collaborate on his album, you've got something great. And the world will know you for you eventually. Keep it going, Golightly. 


All the love we leave behind from Converges 8th album All the love we leave behind
Started in 1990, this metal band is a pain in my ass except for the title track which is surprisingly stunning.





No comments: