Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Music Tuesday Oct 16th

Put the gun down from ZZ Wards debut album Til the casket drops
Miss Zsuzsanna Eva Ward was raised in Roseburg Oregon where she started as a musician at the age of 13. She moved to LA to make it as a singer and will blow your mind. Trust me.  Oct 23 at the Doug Fir. 

Feel love from Ben Harpers album By My Side
From Jacksonville FL he is known as the lead singer of the band Yellowcard.   I have to add he is the co-owner of a marijuana clinic where he delivers in California. 

Sailingsong from A Fine Frenzys 3rd album Pines
Alison Sodul is from LA and started her singing songwriting career in 2006.  She's created an animated film that will be released soon as well as this third album. I found that most intriguing.  She was at the Crystal Ballroom Oct 16th. Guess I missed out.  This song and whole album is adorable.




Gude from Janos album Ertale
Jano is an Ethiopian band that play heavy on their instruments with a load of energy. From what I could find this seems to be their debut album. (Itunes shows 3 albums under Jano but they aren't the same bands). This is pretty incredible music.  Considered World Music but I'd love to play it in a coffee shop some day. 

Pairs from Daphnis album Jialong
Daniel Victor Snaith is known as the lead singer in the band Caribou, which is appropriate siince he's from Canada.  Honestly I'm confused about this guy and his background but the album makes you want to go a discotheque in Berlin.

Proserpina from Martha Wainwrights 3rd album Come home to mama
I have alrerady purchased this album.  Marthas latest release came as a surprise to me and I screamed out loud.  She started her career in 1996 and is just stunning.  This particular track was written by her mother before she died (Kate McGarrigle).  When you have parents like Kate, Loudon, and a brother like Rufus you had better make something of yourself. And that she has. 

Rest your head from Bat for Lashes 3rd album The Haunted Man
Natasha Khan is a Brit who got her start in 2006 after she left home to explore America on her own, came back to the UK and graduated from an arts college and worked her butt off to make it.  She inspired me to realize you just have to want it bad enough.


No comments: