Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Music Tuesday October 23rd!

I really got a kick out of this weeks releases. Hope you do to! Enjoy! Fading Listening from Shiny Toy Guns 3rd album III From California, this quirky band started in 2002, but didn't catch my attention until Le Disko was played on So You Think You Can Dance. Electronic indie pop, expiremental with their song writing and instruments. This really surprised me that they stretched their sound to come up with Fading Listening. What fascinated me is this album isn't a repetitive one-mind track that is split in 'sub-tracks'. Thanks for striving to sound original and fresh. Stomp from Billy Ray Cyrus's album Change My Mind Started in 1980 in Tennessee, was best known for his hit 'Achy Breaky Heart' until Miley Cyrus showed up in the entertainment scene. Ug. I am a sucker for line dancing country and was impressed with this album. I've changed my mind, Billy - you aint just Her dad to me. We are never getting back together from Taylor Swifts album Red Speaking of obnoxious tween pop stars like Miley, here comes Taylor! I like her album art cover, and I get a kick out of this song because I too have had a significant other I would love to have sang this song to. Other than that, no thanks. I'm just me from Diamond Rings album Free Dimensional John O'Regan of Canada has created the moniker Dianomd Rings. He's an original member of The D'Urbervilles (no I don't know them either). Punk but I was really drawn to the tracks. And this song is like the punk male version of Gagas Born this way. Ha. Fantastic. I'll sue you from Paul Banks 2nd solo album Banks Born in the UK but was raised in Michigan, Spain, and Mexico. Paul's known for being the lead singer on Interpol. I wasn't sure what to expect since I'm not the biggest fan of that band, but Paul has what is described as a 'wry sense of humor'. Indeed, the title of this song caught my eye and is hilarious. I'm even toying with downloading it. Jeeper Creeper from Sinkanes album Mars From Omdurman, Sudan and Brooklyn, this band is a big electronic and a bit rock. I don't get it either. Their website is uninformative but this song cracks me up. I should be in marketing for bands. Oi! Down on the Boondocks from US Girls album Gem I have no information on this band. And their Facebook has no information on the bands background or links to their website. Once again, Aubrey the Music Marketer? Pretty sweet sound though.

No comments: