Monday, May 20, 2013

New Music Tuesday April 9th

All in all a pretty successful week in music.  You may need a Kleenex. Enjoy.

Hey Lover from Dawes 3rd album Stories Don't End
I do love this new (to me) band!  From Los Angeles, I heard their interview on NPR and fell in love.
A soft Americana band that started in 2009, I have already purchased a few tracks and will continue to follow them.  I missed them April 28th here in Portland but that is ok, I have every confidence they will be back. 


Our love comes back from James Blake's album Overgrown
Bit of a tear jerker, grabbing my heart and leading me to the ocean.  Wow James Blake.  From England, this dubstepper has such a gorgeous voice I want to wonder into ice caves and watch the rainbow reflections.


BFF from Kleenex Girl Wonder's album Let it Buffer
Oh wow indie crack.  Yes this crazy band from Chicago is brilliant but I never want to hear them ever agian.  That's all I got.  Just not for me.


Pure Pain from Kurt Vile's 5th album Walking on a Pretty Daze
From Philly, Kurts band is so much better than Kurts voice.  Is that a vile thing to say? He's an indie rocker that started in 2003, but I just want to hear his band. 


The Very thought of you from Molly Ringwalds debut solo album Except sometimes
We all know this brat packer, I even saw her in Sweet Charity on stage in 2006.  She was adorable.  Ok Molly, if you are reading this, I want the sass you brought to the Breakfast Club on your next album.  Please, tell me to pick myself up with some conviction, babe.

No comments: