Friday, December 28, 2007

New Music Tuesday, November 20th

20 November Tuesday

here ya are, folks. Short but sweet - Thanksgiving week. Damn.

“Honey” from Erykah Badu, her new single. Smooth like Honey. Not as smart as her old hits, but fun none the less. Erykah Badu will surely be a constant on my iPod, and I don’t see why this single shouldn’t grace my music collection. I think I will wait in anticipation for a new album? (“Nu Amerykah” to be released February 26, 2008!)

“(Love is) a Bitchslap” from Sebastian Bach feat. Axl Rose from Sebastian Bach’s new album “Angel Down”. Don’t get the holiday spirit from this album, which is ok since I didn’t get any spirit this year – not one bit. So Axl Rose is into collaborating with this band, three songs to be precise. Had to pick the bitchslap one, even though it’s just a bunch of screaming and guitar riffs. The riffs are pretty, er, bitchin though. Kinda headbanging!


“Touch it / Technologic” from Daft Punk’s album “Daft Punk Alive 2007 - Live album”. I’ve been totally into punk these days. I don’t think this is very punk though… it’s more strobe light discotheque. I guess its punk. It’s more electronic house music, just as Wikipedia says – similar to Dimitri from Paris. Been playin from France since ’93. Dude!


“Ill be waiting” which is the new single from Lenny Kravitz. To be honest, this is kinda crap. Lenny should stick to the guitar, and not love songs. His hits “Lady” and “American Woman” should be his template for any other single he releases, cuz that’s when he’s at his best. But he’s still hot.

“My Violent Heart” from Nine Inch Nails new “Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D” remix album. Now don’t tell Trent (lead singer), but he’s kinda ripped off Sexy Back here. It’s like an angry JT song. Luv it. Remixed NIN rocks.


“No Air” by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown from Ms Sparks self titled debut album “Jordin Sparks”. So Jordin. No, I wouldn’t buy any of her music, I’m not a POP kinda gal. But Jordin has a nice voice, and to be able to collaborate with Chris Brown must have felt pretty good considering she’s just a contest winner. Ok, we know American Idol isn’t just a contest, is it? The next season starts here is a couple of weeks – mark your lame-ass calendars.


“Eff me Pumps” Amy Winehouse “Frank”. Now this isn’t really a new album of Amy’s, just a new release for us Americans. I chose this song cuz I’m WEARING my EFF ME PUMPS today! YAY! Amy effin rocks. I really really love Frank. Every song is just exquisite.

“Goddess Atonement” by Six Organs of Admittance from their new album “Shelter from the Ash”. This has a beautiful Spanish guitar that immediately transports your mind to the Madrid at a café with a carafe of nice wine and a great friend to share it with. Mmmmm. Nice song. The whole 8 song album is serene and cultural. Just what I fucking needed today.


“Drunk Chicken / America” from U2 and Allen Ginsberg off “U2: Joshua Tree (remastered)”. I had to add this even though it’s not really new – it’s remastered. BUT its like one of the best albums ever remastered , with better sound, etc. So Bono got the infamous poet Allen to rant on his album. Cool beans. Had to pick it. I mean really, drunk chickens??? What were they on? Payote?

“Timeless to Me” by Nathan Lane, from “Hairspray soundtrack”, Collector’s addition. Yes they decided to release a collector’s addition of the movie soundtrack to Hairspray. I’m not really 100% sure why. Maybe it’s because they were bored, maybe they wanted to cash in on the holiday spending, who knows.

No comments: