Saturday, September 29, 2012

New Music Tuesday Sept 25th

Oh Love from Green Day's 9th album Uno!
Green Day is a love/hate band for me.  I think they are fabulous when they get it right.  They are from California and haveb been working together since 1987.  Hard to believe, huh.  Named after the green plant that makes people happy, but these guys ain't airheads.  The videos they produce are stuning (American Idoit, Wake me up when September ends, and this track I picked from their latest album.  This is the first of three installments Green Day is planning for this album release.  Yep, the second and third are Deux and Tres.  lol...   

I'm tired from Bettye Lavette's album Thankful N Thoughtful
Since 1962, Bettye has jazzed, bluesed, and and rocked out world.  From Michigan,Ms Lavette has worked with the greats, from Otis Redding, Ben E King and Jon Bon Jovi.  This badass feline has got her own hell to raise. Google it. 


Battle Scars from Lupe Fiasco's 4th album Food and Liquor II
Wasulu Muhammad Jaco from Illinois has been hip hopping me to boredom sine 1999.  I know, he is probably brilliant in the ears and eyes of the hip hop world I am not a member of, but I DO like the song Battle Scars.  
Looking Hot from No Doubt's 6th album Push and Shove
Also from California, since 1986 have played a ska version of pop rock that is candy to the MTV crowd and beyond.  This album is different from their past records, perhaps a matured version of their previous Grammy award winning selves.  Therefore, who knows where this record will go since awards tend to either be handed out to the newcomer, or the very old comer.  After all, Bob Dylan Bruce Springsteen, and Madonna have released albums this year.  It was difficult to just pick one track for my playlist this week.  Please check this album out.  



Lover's Eyes from Mumford and Sons 2nd album Babel
Grammy nominated band off their first album, this band started in 2007.  From the United Kingdom, this is only their second album but have been guests on SNL, Letterman, and many others.  Lots of hype and certainly from me as well.  Raising a glass to these folking rockstars.  



Telemiscommunications featuring Imogen Heap from Deadmau5's album Goes Here
A DJ from Canada,  Joel Thomas Zimmerman started mixing in 2005,  I am confused, bewildered, and bothered with his history of discography and tracking when he is Deadmau5 or someone else. 
  
I put a spell on you featuring Emma-Lee from Jesse Cook's album the Blue Guitar Sessions
Born in France and raised in Canada, Jesse was exposed to many music genres growning up.   His parents split, dad stayed in France and his neighbor happened to be the lead singer of the Gipsy Kings.   Jesse started in 1995 and this is perhaps my favorite release this week.  Hard to beat No Doubt, Green Day, et al, but what can I say?  He put a spell on me,  

No comments: